Chartered on the 30th June 1949, the club’s motto has seen little change since then. Today, it continues to promote social interaction and fellowship amongst its members in friendship, business and pleasure, and to hold social entertainment and other amusements and recreations, among other purposes stated in the Constitution. The Plimsoll Club is a place to meet new friends of any industry, and to renew old ones through the events organized by its Board of Directors. The Spring and Fall Golf tournament each year draws huge crowds of participants. Likewise, the annual fall banquet have always been a hub for industry representatives to gather and share a pint and a tale or two. Today the Plimsoll Club is recognized for its contributions to local charities. Proceeds from many of our events are donated to charities in in need throughout the Lower Mainland.